Dosing for Children and Adults
ZENPEP® for children and adults
Here are important points to remember when taking ZENPEP:
- Take ZENPEP exactly as your doctor tells you
- Do not take more than your total daily dose
- Always take ZENPEP with a meal or snack
- Do not crush or chew the ZENPEP capsule or its contents, and do not hold the capsule or contents in your mouth
How to take ZENPEP
- Swallow ZENPEP capsules whole and take them with enough liquid to swallow them right away
- If you have trouble swallowing capsules, open the capsules and sprinkle their contents on acidic food such as applesauce. Ask your doctor about other foods you can mix with ZENPEP
- If you sprinkle ZENPEP on food, swallow it right after you mix it. Do not store food that has been mixed with ZENPEP
- Make sure the medicine is swallowed completely
What to do if you miss a dose
If you forget to take ZENPEP with your meal or snack, wait until the next time you eat and take your usual number of capsules for that meal or snack. Do not make up for missed doses.
How to store ZENPEP
- Store ZENPEP at room temperature
(68 °F to 77 °F; 20 °C to 25 °C)
- After opening the bottle, keep it closed tightly between doses
- DO NOT eat or throw away the packet (desiccant) in your medicine bottle. This packet will protect your medicine from moisture
- Store ZENPEP in a dry place
Keep ZENPEP and all medicines out of the reach of children.
ZENPEP offers 7 flexible dosing options, which lets you get
closer to your calculated dose.
40,000 lipase units in 1 capsule might seem like a lot, but a pancreas that is functioning normally
can produce more than 480,000 lipase units per meal.