This site is intended
for U.S. residents only.
Remember to always follow your doctor's instructions when taking
ZENPEP or giving it to your child.
1. Give ZENPEP right before each feeding of formula or breast milk
2. Do not mix ZENPEP capsule contents directly into formula or breast milk
3. Open the capsule and sprinkle the contents on a small amount of applesauce, pureed bananas or pears. These foods should be the kind found in baby food jars that you buy at the store, or other food recommended by your doctor. You may also sprinkle the contents directly into your child’s mouth
4. If you sprinkle the ZENPEP on food, give the ZENPEP and food mixture to your child right away
5. Give your child enough liquid to completely swallow the ZENPEP contents or the ZENPEP and food mixture
6. Look in your child’s mouth to make sure that all of the medicine has been swallowed
1. Swallow ZENPEP capsules whole and take them with enough liquid to swallow them right away
2. If you have trouble swallowing capsules, open the capsules and sprinkle the beads on a small amount of acidic food such as applesauce, pureed bananas or pears. Ask your doctor about other foods you can mix with ZENPEP
3. If you sprinkle ZENPEP on food, swallow it right after you mix it. Do not store ZENPEP that is mixed with food
4. Swallow the ZENPEP and food mixture right away followed with water or juice. Make sure the medicine is swallowed completely
5. If you forget to take ZENPEP, call your doctor or wait until your next meal and take your usual number of capsules. Do not make up for missed doses. Take your next dose at the usual time
6. Do not crush or chew the ZENPEP capsules or its contents, and do not hold the capsule or contents in your mouth. Crushing, chewing or holding the ZENPEP capsules in your mouth may cause irritation in your mouth or change the way ZENPEP works in your body.